~ Here is my story, told one 'Spunky' moment {and craft} at a time. ~

Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Ornament Valance


To make this quick and easy ornament valance for my kitchen window, I used a tension rod, 13 ornaments, and a variety of holiday ribbons.  I really like how the ball ornaments reflect light and color in the window.  Another fun take on this would be to use some of your favorite tree decorations to decorate your window.  Or... maybe ornaments that are the same theme as your kitchen (i.e. roosters, cooking, fruits, etc.)!

From the outside, visitors can also see your holiday decor too!  I took to decorating this window because I can see it everyday walking to our home.  Plus, being out in the middle of farm country can be very windy.  So, outside decorations have to be limited to things that won't bang on the siding or blow away the next time the wind decides to gust through.
 

I cut the ribbon is pieces from 16" to 22" long.  Tied them in a loop, ran one end of the loop through the ornament top and secured it, and then ran the loop over my tension rod and then popped the ornament through the other end of the loop.  Very quick and easy!  Here is a close-up of ribbons attached to the tension rod.  Once I am done with these ornaments all I have to do is unloop everything.  Since there are no knots to undo everything will be ready to put back up next year. 


This project went very quickly (less than 45 minutes) and completely changed my kitchen from fall to winter.  Even better... Ms. Diva can't investigate this decoration, LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the ornaments like that, I may have to use that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I love reading your comments, and enjoy returning the favor {even if it takes me a while to return it, LOL!}.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
I am a fun loving mom of two, that fits in reading a book whenever possible! Come see what I am reading and what free eBooks I have found to share with you! ~Kimberlee
back to top

Posts by Category...

1st Monday Sale (1) Accuquilt (3) Affiliate Network (1) Available Designs (4) Awards (1) Ayano (1) Blog Earnings Breakout (2) Blog Freebies (4) Blog How-To Tips (8) Blogoversary (1) Book Reviews (18) BookSneeze (2) Burp Cloths (6) Buttons (5) charity (4) Charity of the Month (1) Children (21) Christian (3) Cleaning (2) Colleen Coble (2) Craft Fair (9) decorating (2) Did it. (1) Disclosure Policy (1) Doggie Edition (1) Easter (4) Ellie Inspired (3) Embroidery Club (2) Etsy Tuesday (13) Etsy/Artfire (22) Fabric (15) Fat Quarter Shop (2) Featured 5 (2) Fiction (2) Five Question Friday (35) Freebie (1) Fundraiser (1) Funny (5) general update (40) Give Away (52) Giveaways (45) Graphics (4) Guest Posts (6) holidays (6) How-To (40) Inspiration (3) iPhone Apps (1) Just Thursday (1) Keyfobs (4) Kimberley Kennedy (1) Link-ups (5) Links (87) Living Simply (7) Mail-Man (1) Making Money On-Line (9) Max Lucado (1) Mega Blog Hop (1) Moda (3) Moda Fresh Flowers Quilt (3) Mug Swap (2) No Fabric Pledge (3) non-fiction (2) Outdoors (1) p2 (13) pattern (3) Photos (13) Pinned it (1) Planner (4) post-its (1) Product Reviews (11) Project (11) Project Posts (11) Quilt Blocks (8) Quilt Challenges (1) quilt-along (12) Quilts (8) Random (2) Ratings (1) Scrapbooking (1) serger projects (3) Sewing (9) Sewing Challenge (9) Siri Mitchell (1) Special Request Items (16) Sponsor Post (2) Stay-Put Towels (21) Sticky Notes (1) SwagBucks (8) Swaps (3) Thrifty (7) Tissue Cozies (6) Treasury Thursday (6) Tuesday Tips (1) Tutorials (16) Tutu Drive (6) Wednesday Weigh-In (3) Weekend Wrap (23) Weight Loss (9) Weight Loss Updates (8) winners (2) Winning Wednesday (1) Wordless Wednesday (7)